7 Tips Reducing Menstrual Cramps

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Did you know that menstrual cramps is the single greatest cause of lost school and working hours among women?

Also known as dysmenorrhea, menstrual cramps are the cause of an estimated 140 million hours of lost school and work. However, you do not have to live in pain. Below are some helpful tips that can help women during this particularly painful time of the month.

1. Try to eat smaller, more frequent meals. A lot of food
causes blood sugar to rise and fluctuate. instead of eating three large meals, eat five or six small meals a day, each about two and a half hours apart.

2. Exercise. Exercise can help alleviate menstrual cramps by raising the level of beta-endorphins, which are chemicals in the brain associated with pain relief. Studies have shown that beta endorphins have a positive effect on mood and behavior.

3. Try an over the counter Ibuprofen. Advil, Nuprin, and Motrin IB all contain Ibuprofen, which is one of the best pain relievers around. 200 milligrams every four to six hours is the recommended dosage, or twice that if symptoms warrant.

4. Oral contraceptive pills: Have been found to decrease the amount of menstrual tissue formed and lower the pain level (amplitude) of the uterine contractions.

5. Mefenamic acid: Also found over the counter, effectively relieves severe menstrual pain while also reducing heavy menstrual bleeding, easing menstrual migraine, and easing the
physical and emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.

6. Reduce salt intake: To prevent water retention that causes bloating. Also, avoid liquor and other alcoholic beverages to reduce headaches.

7. Learn to relax. Rest, sleep and relaxation exercises can help reduce the pain and discomfort of menstrual cramps. A relaxing massage or bath with oil made with chamomile, lavender, marjoram, ginger and/or clary sage. They are aromatic and can aid in relaxation.

Never surrender to pain. There are steps you can take to help alleviate the pain and discomfort. So, the next time you experience any painful menstruation symptoms, be sure to try these tips.

Read Also:

Comments

2 Responses to “7 Tips Reducing Menstrual Cramps”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Maria Lazaros said...

We tried to get pregnant for a few years in a local clinic. There were no results. We've tried everything possible but nothing. We were recommended to use donor eggs. I know we have to try herbal made medicine. I was terrified. I didn't know how to go about it and where to begin my search. When my friend recommended me to Dr Itua herbal medicine in Western African. I thought she was joking. I knew nothing about that country and I was afraid  with shame I must say I thought it was a little bit...wild? Anyway she convinced me to at least check it out. I've done the research and thought that maybe this really is a good idea. Dr Itua has reasonable prices. Also it has high rates of successful treatments. Plus it uses Natural Herbs. Well I should say I was convinced. My Husband gave it a try and now we can say it was the best decision in our lives. We were trying for so long to have a child and suddenly it all looked so simple. The doctors and staff were so confident and hopeful they projected those feelings on me too. I am so happy to be a mother and eternally thankful to Dr Itua  and Lori My Dear Friend. Don’t be afraid and just do it! Try Dr itua herbal medicine today and sees different in every situation.Dr Itua Contact Info...Whatsapp+2348149277967/drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Dr Itua have cure for the following diseases.All types of cancer,Liver/Kidney inflammatory,Fibroid,Infertility.Herpes Virus Hiv/Aids, ALS, Parkinson, Hepatitis,Diabetes..

March 4, 2021 at 9:36 AM
Anonymous said...

I want to share with you all on how Dr Itua saves my life with his powerful Herbal medicines, I was diagnosed of Oral/Ovarian Cancer which i suffered from for 5 years with no positive treatment until when My son came to me in the hospital when i was laying down on my dying bed waiting for god to call out my name to join him in heaven.
My son was so excited that very day he came across Dr Itua on Blogspot, we decided to give him a try although we Americans are so scared to trust Africans but i really have no choice that time to choose life in between so we gave a try to Dr Itua Herbal medicines, god willing he was a good man with a god gift. Dr Itua sent us herbal medicine. It was three bottles. I took it for three weeks as an instructor and these herbal medicines heal me, cure my Oral/Ovarian Cancer completely. I have been living for 9 months now with a healthy life with no more symptoms.
I'm sponsoring Dr Itua in LA Advert on Cancer patent seminar which my son will be participating too and other patent Dr Itua has cured from all kind of human disease, also if you are sick from disease like,Epilepsy,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Brain cancer,Hiv,. Vaginal cancer,Herpes,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Chronic Disease.Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity,Multiple myeloma,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,
Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,,Bladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Adrenal cancer.Bile duct cancer,Bone cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Cervical Cancer,Oral cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, Stomach cancer
Testicular cancer,
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis,Vulvar cancer,Ovarian cancer,,Sinus cancer, Here Is The Wonderful Healer Contact. Name_ Doctor Itua, Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.

April 18, 2022 at 11:22 AM

Post a Comment